Sunday, September 9, 2012

A little information goes along way...Power of SMS

A little information goes a long way...Power Of SMSI write this post today, not as a LiveHospital personnel, but as a mother, as a consumer. I have a son under 5 years, to whom we need to give pulse polio drops whenever the program comes to our city. We should be grateful to the local NGOs, municipal government and other local bodies who are involved in delivering this program right in our neighbourhood. But as happens on a Sunday, if we dont step out of the house, we sometimes dont come to know at all if there is a pulse polio day in our neighbourhood. A lot of times we are confused if there is pulse polio on that day, because we-heard-it-from-somewhere but are not sure. If, as a mother, I could get an SMS from some local body about the pulse polio day, I would be sure and I will also not forget to take my son there. The local bodies can register me for this service alongwith my son's date of birth. So the messages can automatically stop when my son reaches 5 years of age.This simple SMS will help me as a parent as I receive that information right in my mobile phone. And thus it will the pulse polio program in increasing compliance.


www.livehospital.net

No comments:

Post a Comment